Sunday, June 26, 2011

Introduction

Well, this commences my first public blog post. I feel like there should be a ribbon-cutting ceremony or something eventful. I have been meaning to start a blog for quite some time. Life is crazy and seems to bring us all sorts of new adventures and trials, but I have never sat down and taken the time to write them all out or "journal" them. I have so many great memories that I plan to work through them one at a time. So be patient with me as I bring this bad boy up to date.

I feel so overwhelmingly blessed. Despite the unknown, I know some things are for certain. I know that I love my husband and without him, my life would be so much less exciting and unfulfilled. Meeting Jake was a turning point, for more than the obvious reasons. He showed me that life has possibilities beyond what I had imagined. I feel like sometimes I have to filter what I say about how close he and I are for fear of misinterpretation, so I hope this comes out right. It wasn't until I lost myself in the kind, understanding, and loving hands of my best friend, truly let him see even the sides of me I didn't want to show, that I knew what it meant to love someone. By trusting him enough to let him see me at my most vulnerable, I found myself.

Now, as corny as all that sounds, my relationship with Jake is the cornerstone of my life. All things surrounding us are supported by the strength of our marriage, my most treasured possession.  And it is from our marriage that all of the content of this blog is possible. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy writing it.

1 comment:

  1. What a great intro! I'm excited to read more and to be able to keep up with your lives. We'll miss you terribly in MS but are excited for your adventures ahead.

    ReplyDelete